Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Painted Handbag



It has been steady raining here for two days and I thought "What a great opportunity to clean the house" so I began sorting through colsets and came across this old handbag that was a very ugly color brown. It's a nice bag with loads of pockets and it's leather (Wilson's leather to be exact :-)  So, I left the pile of the handbags on the floor and pulled out my Elmer's Painters (love those things!):

This is how far I've gotten in just over an hour. The blue lines will disappear (I hope).

More later. Gotta' go clean up the pile of handbags.
Have a great Tuesday!
Katy

3 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

cool! you are so talented! c'mon tell the truth, you were just trying to put off the cleaning, right? :)
Love the job you did painting the purse!
what are the blue lines? how will they disappear?
gail

Granny said...

Please do tell me all about the Elmers Painters. I find the purses that have the best design (right size, lots of pockets) are usually an ugly color. I love the design you painted.

Devonay said...

Very creative and colorful!