The Fall Festival begins one week from Saturday. I need about 2 more months to get all my stuff ready :-(
Anyhoo, I have now started on the top of the cabinet :
The blank spots are where I have taken out some pansies I painted and didn't like :-) I'll be putting more roses there. The side you see above doesn't have all the roses on it yet because I ran out of daylight :-(
This is what it looked like yesterday after alot of scraping:
I added red stripes to the top of the cabinet - and they need to be toned waaay down
Yes-that is my lame attempt at a flower you see on the side. I will either be sanding it off or painting over it. I got in a hurry (because I was running out of daylight and got too much white in the red and I ended up with a smeary pink-YUK!)
Updated. I still have to touch up the flowers &leaves but I'm somewhat happier with these.
And of course...I have to have a "Soap Sign" :-)
I hope Santa brings me a Cricut or a Silhouette or something along those lines. I would make such good use of one :-)
I am working like a mad woman to get ready for the Newport News Fall Festival and decided I needed more display pieces -especially some that have height. For those of you that like primitive-this definitely looks primitive. It is VERY chippy and buckled in places.
This cabinet was given to me and has been sitting out in the yard for a while. I am eventually going to use it for a garden cabinet.
Here's what I started with:
After scraping and sanding I gave it a few coats of Oops! paint then I marked off a grid:
Then diamonds (harlequin):
Then I began painting
I only have about 2 weeks left to finish this and since I am only working on it at night (to give my back a break from sewing all day) I don't know how far I'll get. I'll keep you posted :-)