Monday, January 25, 2010

Sewing Cabinet and Bench

I got this sewing cabinet at a yard sale for $10.00~the bench (below) was included even though it doesn't match the cabinet. But that's ok with me :-) I will make it match something.
I'm thinking I'm going to make a hall table. We'll see what happens.

Inside - all needs to be gutted and a bottom put in.



Looks like this cabinet has lived with kids.



I know you're saying to yourself "If she removes that fabric, I'm going to ask if I can have it". Sorry. Fabric is nasty! I love bright colors and psychedelic patterns but this is too much for even me.


As an aside...look who is peeping their little green heads out. It's the thyme and oregano :-) Even though I grow these in the house/greenhouse it gives me hope that spring will return.
I also have tomatoes coming on the vine. I can't wait!





4 comments:

gail@myrepurposedlife.net said...

Katy... that's a great deal! I love them both!
I can't wait to see what you do to them.
My friend Cathy and I have redone 3 of these. They make really cute side tables.
have a great week!
gail

A Pretty Pastime said...

Thanks Gail!I will do my best to transform them. It's raining to beat the band here so it looks like I'll be working on them in the kitchen.

I hope you have a fabulous week~can't wait to see the fireplace/mantle redo.

Katy

Treasia Stepp said...

What a fantastic deal. Can't wait to see the transformation.

Perry said...

Can I have the fabric? :-)