Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Look What The Guys Brought Today

Perry and Clay stopped by this afternoon. Their van FULL of wonderful, sparkling  and exciting stuff. Before I could say "Hey, wait just a minute here", there was all the pretty stuff on a polka dot area rug (I love!) sitting right in front of the shop. Then Perry had the nerve to ask me which pieces I would like to purchase! Well how the heck am I supposed to choose. Clay understood right away and said it was like Sophie's Choice. It was. So, Perry struck up a deal for the lot and I just couldn't resist. (They are so slick those two). They knew all they had to do was wave shiny objects in front of my face and I would be hypnotized.

The lamp pictured below is made of wood and it is HEAVY! But the best part...it has a twin that came with it :-)



Aren't the details just gorgeous?
I have already taken the first lamp apart and started painting it :-)

Then they showed me this:



and this:

and these:

I will try to get a better photo of these (above) when I have time to set up a light box. There are four matching serving pieces from the 1950's and they have a very bright, shiny chrome finish.
Can you see how resistance was futile??

There were plenty more wares that I will save for another day.

Perry asked me what I thought my favorite piece of the lot was. I'm still trying to decide.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the lamps! I just found you via Funky Junk Interiors and I'm going to put you in my RSS feed. Love your blog! Truly.

Jen